What the Wenches Are Reading

It was a wonderful week in the Wenches' world! We got two new releases from two of our favorite authors, and you will see those books on most of our e-readers and bedside tables. Only a few of us aren't reading a new release this week, so click through to see what the rebels are reading.



Don't forget to tell us what you are reading this week, in the comments below!




Amanda:  I've been reading Lover at Last, and I really love it so far. I thought I was reading this book for Qhuinn and Blay, and I am all about my boys, but oh, how I've missed all the Brothers, John Matthew, Qhuinn, and Blay so much. I don't realize how much I miss them until I get back into their world.

Anne: I managed to get through Lover at Last AND Twice Tempted this week, and I'm back to my re-read of the Southern Vampire Mysteries. I'm currently on All Together Dead. But, my heart is back in Romania with Vlad. I love that vampire.
  
Angela: Brent Weeks might be my new favorite author. Finished Shadow's Edge and am nearly done with Beyond the Shadows. I was bawling my eyes out in Beyond the Shadows, as Weeks has a very good twist to the Night Angel persona. I'm going to have to work my way through his other books now. I think Weeks is that brilliant. The books have multiple points of view, but you never feel weighed down by them, and cunning plot twists that keep you on the edge of your seat. He has clearly read the works from the master George R. R. Martin. If you haven't heard of Brent Weeks, then I highly recommend you give him a go.

Barbara: I finished Every Which Way but Dead and moved on to A Fistful of Charms. I am completely enamored by this series and have spent as much time reading as I possibly can. I'm about halfway through this book and would love to have more time to devote to the series. The stories are riveting, but the relationships are what truly make it great. It's mesmerizing to see Rachel realize what people mean to her and what their roles are in her life. I'm also discovering that I can count Rachel among my list of most kick-ass heroines, and I LOVE that!

Beta: I was reading Frost Burned, the latest Mercy Thompson book, but then Twice Tempted was released and I just had to get my hands on Vlad. I finished, and it was SO good! I just love Vlad... AND Leila.

Donna: I did lots of reading this week. I finished George R. R. Martin's A Storm of Swords and started reading the next book in the series, A Feast For Crows. Should I admit that I finished it off as well? Why should I feel guilty? I was sick with a cold, so that's my excuse. I think I'm finally starting to appreciate the multiple POVs. It's interesting seeing the thought processes of the different characters. I came to realize that I couldn't take everything I was reading at face value, because of the unreliable narration. One character remembers something that happened in an earlier book, but adds a kiss. As I read it, I said "Hey, wait a minute!" and went back to the original passage to confirm it never actually happened ― it didn't. Well done, GRRM, well done!

Kathi: I didn’t get a lot of reading done this week, but I did finish A Clash of Kings, just in time to start season 3 of Game of Thrones!! And I tore right into Twice Tempted immediately. It has been awesome from the very start, and I'll be finished in no time! Not sure what’s next… Maybe it’s time for me to go back to the Outlander world. 

Merit: I am reading Dead Witch Walking, first book in The Hollows series by Kim Harrison. It goes a bit slow for me but it is good enough that I will go on reading. I like most the characters, the mythology is interesting, and there is humor to spice the story up. I guess I will try the second book to see if it gets any better.

Olga: Right after having finished Lover At Last, I picked up Twice Tempted. I'm only 50% through but I already like it more than the latest BDB. Leila is my kind of heroine. You kick their asses, girl! Vlad's too.

Shau: I've been re-reading some of the oldies, some Immortals After Dark, Chicagoland Vampires, Lords of the Underworld, etc.

Veronica: I read Twice Tempted, which I LOVED LOVED LOVED. Seriously, this is how you do a trilogy. Also, I read The Ophelia Cut by John Lescroart, which I didn't love. You can see  my Goodreads review here.

Zee: I read Twice Tempted on Tuesday and nothing has been the same since! Went back and read Once Burned, and then TT again. I can't seem to move on. I love Vlad so hard.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)