What the Wenches Are Reading


Source
Many of us are enjoying the last gasp of summer — a final getaway, project, or family activity — and our reading lists reflect that. We’re finishing up summer discoveries, revisiting favorite books and authors, perusing a little bit of this and that to while away the last of our warm days. I think it’s safe to say that the Northern Hemisphere Wenches are planning ahead for crisp fall evenings when we hope there will be more time for reading again!

What about you, Saucy Readers? What have you been reading this week? Did you have a favorite summer book or author? Do you have something special planned now that the days are getting shorter and Winter is Coming? We hope you’ll let us know in the comments below!






Amanda: I am still on A Clash of Kings. Not only is the book a whopper, but I haven’t had very much time to read lately. I am hoping for some poolside reading over Labor Day weekend, while I’m on vacation in Las Vegas!

Anne: I am continuing my reread of the Night Huntress series, I’m currently on the Night World books (savoring Mencheres and Kira), and I did a little fanfiction reading this week as well, for Supernatural and the Cut & Run series.

Angela: I have finished The Black Prism by Brent Weeks. To sum it up: Excellent, excellent, excellent fantasy.

Barbara: I am completely swamped in life, so I haven’t had much time at all to read. I’m still working on rereading Biting Bad, and I have a loooooong time to read in the car this weekend so hopefully I’ll finish it. I’m going to try and have Megan Hart’s new book, Tear You Apart, ready to go on my Nook in case I do finish and have more time than I think I will.

Beta: Life has been keeping me way too busy lately, so my Biting Bad read is going sooooo slow... but I am loving the book! I did browse through a crochet book and read crochet patterns, does that count as reading?

Care: After a brief detour through Jeaniene Frost’s Eternal Kiss of Darkness for some fun things later (and acknowledging a deep and abiding adoration of Mencheres), I’ve picked up Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane. I have a TBR list as long as my arm, but sure enough e-books win out over hard copies — especially when I’m left reading in bed. I wonder what I ever did before I got my Nook.

Kathi: I’m reading the White Princess, book 5 in Phillipa Gregory’s Cousins’ War series about the War of the Roses. This book tells the story of the white queen’s daughter, Elizabeth, Princess of York, who married Henry Tudor and produced a Tudor heir, Henry VIII. So far, I begin to see where Henry VIII got some of his ridiculous ideas about wives and sons. I’ve enjoyed this series very much and almost hate to finish it. One more book is scheduled to be published in the series next year, and I hope I can still remember everything I’ve read about all these remarkable women by then!

Veronica: Oh, well, I haven’t read much this week. I was off in Vancouver meeting Wench friends and hot guys (thanks to Kathi for covering for my blog duties!), and I’ve spent the past couple days recovering. I did get a little further into Point Pleasant by Jen Archer Wood.

Zee: After reading Tear You Apart, and being very confused about whether I loved/hated/a little bit of both it, I figured I’d pick up another Megan Hart, Switch. I can honestly say, each journey in each book is so very different... I find it fascinating. Next, I might do a reread, just not sure what to pick up yet.

Comments

  1. Hello ! this summer, I have been rereading some books of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, I'm currently on the 7Th book "An Echo in the Bone",eagerly waiting for book 8 next march !I read a very good Peter James'book "Faith","the time-travel guide to Elizabethan England" by Ian Mortimer, John Grisham's "the Associate".Asa I'm back home (in France), I'm going to order a rather long list of books for the upcoming winter evenings ! Cheers, Christiane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)