What the Wenches Are Reading

Source
It's definitely a mixed bag of books for the Wenches this week. From historical fiction, to urban fantasy and paranormal romance, to horror, gay romance, and young adult dystopia, variety seems to be the Wench word of the week!

Click through to check out what's on our bedside tables this week. And don't forget to tell us what you're reading. We just might try it, too!



Amanda: I am still reading Water for Elephants. I like it, but I guess I'm a little unsure because I don't know what to expect from it.

Angela: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs. This book has been on my TBR for what seems like forever. I wish I had read it sooner, as I am absolutely loving it!!! Mercy Thompson is a revelation and a very refreshing heroine to read. I also completed Late Eclipses (October Daye #4) by Seanan McGuire. This series is going from strength to strength, with this fourth installment being my favourite to date.

Anne: A sad week in my house. My Nook won't connect to the Internet, so I haven't been able to get Doctor Sleep loaded onto it yet. But, I think I'm getting a Nook HD as a really early birthday present, so hopefully that'll be rectified soon. I've been drowning my sorrows in Supernatural fanfiction.

Barbara: This week I read Silver-Tongued Devil and Blue-Blooded Vamp by Jaye Wells. And LOVED them. We are often asked for recommendations of series that are completed, and this is one that I would recommend wholeheartedly. I could gush about this series, but look for my review on Wednesday, where I do plenty of gushing. Seriously. It's fabulous. Add it to your TBR. And thank you again, Shau, for an excellent choice! Now, I'm trying to head back to The Hollows and pick up with the book where I left off, For a Few Demons More. I'm assured that the issues that made me put it down ease up, so I'm trying to continue on. We'll see...

Beta: I finished Divergent, and although some things didn't make complete sense to me I actually liked it, and now I've started Insurgent.

Care: This week, in an effort to NOT overly stress myself (it's failing, but hey), I went back to Damon Suede's Hot Head. Despite the general crass-ness of the language (which I'm adjusting to much faster now that I've read the book a few times), it was a fabulous trip. Excellent time... and then onward. On Angela's advice, the last time Dreamspinner Press had a freebie sale on, I had picked up Tigers and Devils. I cracked that open and went through it... twice... this week. I am SO loving it, and thoroughly glad I gave it a chance!

Donna: I haven't read anything this week. I've watched some TV though. Loving Sleepy Hollow.

Kathi: Read Stephen King's new sequel to The Shining, Doctor Sleep. I haven't read any of his books in a couple of decades, even though I devoured every single one of his early books as they were released. This one felt like a comfortable (and disturbingly creepy) visit with an old friend. I enjoyed it very much, and I still absolutely love Stephen King's horror stories.

Merit: I'm reading Darynda Jones's YA novel, Death and the Girl Next Door. It is not Charley Davidson, not close, but still entertaining. I can recognize her writing style here, the humor and clever wit, but not as strongly as I was hoping for. I have read only a third of the story, so I'll reserve my judgment until I finish it.

Zee: Barb's enthusiasm for the Sabina Kane series was contagious! So I started the first book, liked it, picked up the second (even though I barely had time to sit these past few days!), and devoured it! Loving the series so far and cannot wait to finish it! Probably won't be reading much the next week or so, with traveling and jet lag, but dying to pick up the next Sabina Kane!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)