Fangirl Friday: Andy Grammer

Some tour stops--from Andy's FB page
I find that when I'm feeling happy I want to listen to happy music that I can sing along with. And when I'm feeling down I want to listen to happy music to lift me up.  So a few years a go I was feeling down, when this incredibly happy song came on the radio. It stopped me in my tracks and made me look it up on YouTube right away.

That song was Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer. Seeing as that video was uploaded in late 2010, I was pretty late to the party, as usual, but I made up for it by embracing that song as my own, and then proceeding to listen to every Andy Grammer tune I could get my hands on. Needless to say, as this is a Fangirl post, I've been hooked on Andy's music ever since, with its upbeat messages, its encouraging themes, its celebration of love.

I'm an unabashed Andy Grammer fan. Come with me through the jump and I'll show you why.





 This is the song that introduced me to Andy. You've probably heard it, even if you haven't listened to it 46 million times like I have. It makes me feel better when I'm feeling down, and I belt it at the top of my lungs in the privacy of my car when I'm feeling up. I've definitely adopted it as my song.









This is the second Andy song that spoke to me on a visceral level. Life changes, people evolve, and sometimes it's necessary to let people go. Sometimes it's not your choice and it's easy to get caught up in anger and bitterness. But this song reminds me that I can't control what others do, and they will miss me. "I promise you this, you're gonna miss me."









Sometimes a girl just needs a peppy, upbeat love song. Andy has a bunch of those, and Fine By Me fits that bill perfectly. Dance along, and sing it out loud--I'll do the same.











I can't believe this one isn't a single! It feels like a great standards song, one I could hear Michael Buble or even Frank Sinatra singing. Sweet, beautiful love song.












Okay, this one kills me. I'm fortunate that I have amazing men in my life, men who respect women and truly believe we are all equal. But this song is wonderful and his mention of losing his mom just gets me, since I've lost my dad. Perfect song is perfect.





My soul sister, Zee came to visit me last month, and we went and saw Andy and his band in concert. It was spectacular. Before the show I never gave a second thought to the band, but now I realize they are just as fantastic as he is. The whole band killed it, doing a beautiful job of combining fan favorites with new songs from the upcoming album, which releases August 5. I've been YouTubing those songs ever since, this being the first time I've left a concert desperate to get my hands on an album. I'll be obtaining that thing on release day, devouring it like I would a great book, and listening to it on repeat for weeks, I'm sure. Here are a few of the highlights from the concert, sadly not my videos which did not turn out very well. But I'm grateful that some kind concert-goers were able to upload their videos.






Honey I'm Good
















Blame it On the Stars (new song)/ Counting Stars (cover of One Republic song) mash-up












Back Home, which has already been released as a single and a video. LOVE this song. Looking forward to finding my way back home. Someday.














Holding Out--we loved this one. See if you can spot why.











Remind You--one of the encore songs and, hands down, the best song of the night. I will be listening to this one on repeat once I get my hot little hands on that CD!







Well, Saucy Readers, if you hadn't met Andy Grammer yet, I hope I've converted you to fangirl status. If you're already an Andy fan, I've collected some of his best work all in one post. You're welcome. Keep an eye out for the new album, Magazines or Novels, which drops on August 5. And you can stalk Andy at these social media sites:

http://www.andygrammer.com/home
http://www.facebook.com/andygrammer
http://twitter.com/andygrammer
http://instagram.com/andygrammer
http://youtube.com/andygrammer

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)