What the Wenches Are Reading

 
 
Click through to see what we're reading this week, and be sure to share your reading list in the comments below!



Amanda: I'm back in Westeros, Baby!!! Jumped back into my tandem read of A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice & Fire #4) and A Dance with Dragons (ASOIAF #5) by George R.R. Martin. Cersei is the WORST! Ugh! I hope she gets what's coming to her!

Angela: The Darkest Edge of Dawn (Charlie Madigan #2) by Kelly Gay is just wonderful. A great heroine, who continues to drink bottled water over coffee and who can kick ass. It helps of course that her partner Hank is one gorgeous looking siren. Two more books to go and I've read the series.

Anne: I didn't do much actual reading this week. The new year schedule messed with my routine. But, I did a lot of driving. So, I'm more than halfway through the first audio book of the Divergent series. I'm loving it so far, but I've heard some mixed reviews on book #3. I guess I'll see what I think when I get that far.

Barb: I am a rather stubborn person who has always stubbornly avoided doing what's trendy or popular, and that's not just clothing and hairstyle trends, I also avoid popular movies and books, as well. So I was absolutely not going to read Gone Girl, not for any particular reason--I didn't really know what it was about after all--but everyone loved it so I wasn't going to. I'm not even sure what made me finally pick it up, but I did. And one of these days I'm going to realize that if everyone loves something there's usually a reason. Because I loved this book. Couldn't put it down, was thinking about it when I wasn't reading, finished it quickly and am still thinking about it days later, loved it. I've also realized about myself that I am utterly fascinated by tales of terrible people, especially if the reader gets to be inside the terrible people's heads. So if you know any books about terrible people that you could recommend, please share them in the comments below. I don't have nearly enough books in my TBR, after all.

Donna: I haven't done any reading this week. I've been watching lots movies over the last few days because I'm stuck at home with a bad cold. Yesterday I watched The Book Thief and hope to start reading the book this week.

Kathi: I’m heading out on a cruise with my husband and hoping for lots of time to read and relax after a very hectic year. I’ve got the rest of the Gardella Vampire Hunters series on my e-reader to finish, and then I’m looking forward to finally catching up on the Chicagoland Vampires series. I’ve got audio as well as e-book versions of books 6-10 (so I can refresh my memory with a couple and then continue with the ones I have not yet read), plus the short stories. I even asked for an e-ink reader for Christmas to be sure I can read outdoors, so I should be all set. Can’t wait!!

  
Merit:  Just finished Mortal Danger, the second book in World of the Lupi series. I like the way this world unfolds slowly, reveling new characters and new places. So far we have humans with special abilities,Werewolves, Weretigers, Gnomes, Sorcerers, Demons, Dragons, one or two Deities and a lot of magic. I also read Falling from Grace by Laura Leone, a contemporary romance novel, with a refreshing angle. It’s a sweet and sour story of anguish, hurt and love that could have become sordid if not for the author’s clever writing.

Zee: I have been reading through The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, and probably going to start The Lord of the Rings soon. I have been meaning to start Deadly Spells since Barb sent me the ARC! But haven't quite gotten around to it on account of being totally lost in Middle Earth. But it'll happen this week! I also started The Arcane Society series by Amanda Quick. Just on book one though.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)