What The Wenches Are Reading


Well, readers, we've been reading all sorts of stuff this past week. A few of us are dealing with book funks (you know how those are!) The rest of us are either back to old, trusted favorites, or trying something completely new! Vampires, Fae, Shifters, there's a little bit of it all going on in our reading worlds right now!

Click through to see what we've been reading! And don't forget to let us know what you've been reading.






Amanda: Well, I'm officially in a reading slump. Last week, I finished A Song of Ice and Fire series (by GRRM) and started Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh. HoS is good, but...not what I need right now. So, halfway though, I had to step away from it. I'm sure I'll be back one day. I decided to go back to Dublin (which means that I picked back up with the Fever series by Karen Moning). I picked up where I last left off, which was about 70% through Bloodfever. It feels so good to be "home". 

Angela: It's all about Who Buries the Dead by C.S. Harris this week. It's a new release, but I haven't had a ton of time lately to read. If you like murder mysteries I can't recommend the Sebastian St Cyr series highly enough.

Anne: I am still living in the Cut and Run world, I think I'm going to be here for awhile, even after the book #9 release. I also started the audio book of The Book Thief. It's very interesting. I haven't formed an opinion on good or bad yet, as I'm not very far in. But, it is definitely interesting. The author has a very unique style and voice.

Barb: I'm rereading Dark Debt so that the details can be fresh for my discussion with Zee. I also received Garden of Dreams and Desires over the weekend, but having just found out it's going to be the last Crescent City book, I'm a little sad and reluctant to start it.

Care:  Okay, since last week? Not much has changed. Go figure. I made my way through Fish & Chips, but then got distracted by our nightly read-aloud of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and a quick reread of Amy Jo Cousins' Five Dates. One of these days I'll get this distraction sorted!

Kathi: I found myself reaching for more Colleen Gleason books this week. I read Roaring Midnight, first book in the Macey Gardella series. (Macey is the great-great-granddaughter of Victoria Gardella, heroine of the Gardella Vampire series that I’ve been reading.) It’s set in 1920s gangster-infested Chicago—not a particularly favorite era of mine—but the familiar mythology and a couple of familiar characters sucked me right into the new story line and characters. Now I’m stuck waiting for book 2, and I’m not sure when it’s due to release. So I picked up Gleason’s Draculia Vampire trilogy, which introduces an important character in Roaring Midnight. While both Gardella series are urban fantasy, the Draculia Vampire books are straight-up Regency romance with vampires. I’ve read Lucifer’s Rogue (originally published as The Vampire Voss) and Lucifer’s Saint (aka The Vampire Dimitri). These books are just pure fun; I might have to write a review of them.
  
Merit: This week I read Vision in Silver, book 3 in Anne Bishop’s fantasy series, The Others. In one word – brilliant!  The plot, the world building and the characters are fascinating. Most of all, I love Simon Wolfgard, this Alpha male has the best animal instincts combine with shrewdness of an executive. His and Meg’s relationship is both endearing and hilarious. (You can read Wench Zee's review here.)

Zee: No reading for me this week, readers! Sorry. Been busy volunteering for the local LitFest and meeting some amazing authors, journalists, and scientists. I fangirled my heart out this past week. 

Comments

  1. I'm currently re-reading Molly Harper's Nice Girl series. I had forgotten just how hilarious she is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)