What the Wenches Are Reading

It is quite a mixed bag of books at the Saucy Wenches this week! While Anne and Care are rereading Cut and Run in preparation for the forthcoming conclusion to that series, everyone else is reading something new. Urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical fiction, a wench recommendation, and even some non-fiction are showing up on our list this week! Click through to see who's reading what, and share your reading list in the comments below!



Amanda: I'm still reading Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling #12) by Nalini Singh. I've got to buckle down and finish it. After I finish, I'm not going to read #13 in the series just yet. I'm thinking about starting Outlander...we'll see! 

Angela: This week I've been trying to read Wideacre by Philippa Gregory. I don't know why, but I seem to struggle every time I read a Gregory book. Wideacre is no exception. The temptation is there not to continue with it. I did read Semi-Charmed by Isabel Jordan and found it a good debut novel. I would have liked a more world building though. There were ideas which had potential, so if there are further novels that follow on in this world, I'd like to see an expanded landscape. 

Anne: It's Cut & Run release week!!!! On Saturday I will finally know how my beloved Ty & Zane's story ends. Until then, I'm rereading the latest book. And, in the audio book front, I finished the Book Thief and enjoyed it very much. I've since started The Martian by Andy Weir and I am loving it!!! It's like Castaway, but in space and snarky. It's fantastic. I'm actually a little bit in love with the main character, Mark. Just what I need, another book boyfriend.

Barb: I finally finished rereading Dark Debt. Look for an in-depth discussion of that fantastic book, by Zee and me, next week. I have some ARCs eyeballing me from my nightstand, but I really wanted some light and fluffy smut, so I read Hardwired, the first in the Hacker series by Meredith Wild. It was your basic contemporary romance with a billionaire boyfriend and irresistibly beautiful girlfriend that everyone wants. But the storylines were interesting and deep  enough that I was riveted and finished the book in about a day. I need the next one, like now. In the meantime I finally moved on to the fourth book in the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day, Captivated by You. I'm still nervous, but relishing Gideon's POV. Let's see how it goes. 

Care: I have just realized I've picked the absolute worst time to slow down my reading. I've finished up Armed & Dangerous, and have made my way about halfway through Stars & Stripes, but I need to finish that, plus Touch & Geaux *and* Ball & Chain in a week! ACK! Time to break out the emergency reading time! 

Kathi: I continued reading the Poldark saga this week. I finished the first two books, got a few pages into the third, and then realized I was running out of time to read Going Clear before the documentary airs on HBO next week. This book has been sitting on my e-reader for way too long and I’m very curious about it. Not sure why I haven’t read it yet, except that I haven’t read much nonfiction the last few years, so I’m giving it a go. 

Merit: I needed an easy, fun story. I went with Kathi’s post recommendation here, and started The Gardella Vampire Chronicles series by Colleen Gleason. I was not disappointed. I read the first and second books in 2 ½ days and now I’m on the third book. I agree with the series description as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Pride and Prejudice in Regency England". Engaging heroine, (even if annoying at times), good world building, sexual tension, and playful flirting. Real fun.  

Shau: Well, I've read a romance book, which isn't my preferred reading choice. It's Rock Hard by Nalini Singh. I didn't expect anything and was pleasantly surprised. The book is incredibly cute and charming. It deals with some difficult experiences and two people trying to overcome them. It's not the best book I've ever read but it made an impression and I honestly liked it. 

 Zee: I read Megan Hart's Vanilla this past week, and wow. Megan Hart NEVER disappoints! Review coming soon! I also finally got my hands on an ARC of Susan Ee's End of Days, and OHMYGOD I cannot wait to start it!!!!! And review it for you.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)