What the Wenches Are Reading



“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”  ~C.S. Lewis

Click through to see what we're reading this week, and share your selections in the comments below!



Amanda: So, it turned out that I had NOT finished Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh. (Last week, I couldn't remember if I had or not because I have had so little time to read lately.) I am not able to finish it at this time. Haha! I am at 92%, and I just can't do it! SO bored with it! Instead, I am starting The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood #13) by J.R. Ward.

Angela: I haven't done a lot of reading this week. I finished the fantastic The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson. It was wonderfully brilliant and for the last third of the book completely absorbing. Read this series if you haven't already.  I'm just started Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore and it's made me snicker a few times already, although I've barely started.

Anne: I finished Iced last week and started Burned. I am really liking it so far. I'm also skimming through Crash & Burn and The Martian again for upcoming reviews.

Barb: Since no one had any suggestions as to what I should read next, I went on to Faefever. Spectacular. Even after four, or so, reads.

Care: Still poking around in the Black Dagger Brotherhood world. I'm not really pleased about it, but I can't seem to find anything I really want to read, so here I am.  I've finished Lover Revealed, Lover Unbound and am now working on Lover Avenged. I skipped Phury. There's only so many Drama Llamas I'm willing to host, and I'm full up at the moment.  Reading what everyone else is reading, though... I think I might find some inspiration!

Donna: A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley showed up in my iBooks app last week. I scarcely remember pre-ordering it, but there it was. At first I wasn't sure why/when I had ordered it, but as I started reading it I remembered. Diana Gabaldon recommended it - so I didn't have to think twice. I don't know about you, but there are some authors I have such admiration for, I am happy to follow along with anything they suggest. A Desperate Fortune is a story within a story with two heroines: a modern day computer programmer/amateur code-breaker with Asperger's Syndrome and the young woman from early 1700's whose diary she is attempting to decipher. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and highly recommend it. This is one of my favorite reads in a long time.

Kathi: After numerous glowing recommendations from book fans, I started Gone Girl and have been sucked right into the gloriously over-the-top dysfunctional family subterfuge. Looking forward to many uninterrupted hours of listening to the audio book as I fly back home from my travels this week. (Head Wench Note: Muwahahaha! This book is so deliciously fucked up that every Wench and Saucy Reader should definitely read it!)

Merit: I guess most of you know that kind of romance: a successful, cocky asshole, gorgeous looking guy who has a painful past and uses women only for sex; “One Dinner, one night, no repeats.” One day he meets that young, almost innocent but feisty woman, and everything changes. Now, there are tons of romances with that theme, and from here it all depends on the writer's mind and words. Whitney Gracia Williams did a great job! Her Reasonable Doubt novella trilogy had me hooked from the first page; I devoured it in a day. It was a fun, sexy, and entertaining reading.

Zee: I finished Maplecroft, which I enjoyed a LOT! I read some random erotica off Amazon that made me roll my eyes and curse out loud. Then I started Amanda Quick's NEW book Garden Of Lies! I cannot stress how much I love her regency romances. I also must read Steig Larrson's books now, thanks Ange!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)