What the Wenches Are Reading


I don't recall having this reaction to his movie version!
Many Wenches are completely engrossed in some really good reading right now, unlike the underwhelmed gentleman shown here. We've explored all sorts of new genres and authors over our blogging break, and here's what our eyes are glued to this week.

We hope you've also found books to love this week, and that you'll share them with us in the comments. Because we're always looking for that next great read!




Amanda: I have put Outlander on hold to read Magic Shifts, (Kate Daniels #8) by Ilona Andrews. I'm lucky enough to be reading an ARC! It actually will not be released until August 4th! I'll let you know how it is!

Angela: Contemporary romances all the way lately for me. If you haven't read Jill Shalvis or Susan Mallery and want some light, romantic reading, I can't recommend them highly enough. Yes, Zee, I will get to Lisa Kleypas when I can drag my eyes away from Shalvis. I'm currently reading Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis, and I think Chloe and Sawyer are my favourite couple so far in the series.

Anne: I'm trying to catch up on my reading. I have way less reading time now, between working more hours and having my husband home in the summer again. Plus an 18-month-old son who NEVER STOPS MOVING. So I'm finishing up a fanfiction series I've been reading and then I'll be starting Fat Girl Walking, as per lovely Head Wench Barb's recommendation. And Chloe Neill's new book, The Veil, comes out soon, too. I'm also about halfway through the audio book for Dragonfly in Amber.

Barb: This week I read a NetGalley ARC of 30 Days by Christine d'Abo. The blurb said it was like P.S. I Love You, but with sexy cards to act out. I love P.S. I Love You, both the movie and book, so I decided to try a new author, and I'm so glad I did. Definitely an erotic romance, I enjoyed both main characters, felt invested in their story, enjoyed the setting and the side characters. And the smut. The smut was really good, too. I'd love to read about Alyssa's sister finding happiness next. After 30 Days I picked up Down London Road, the second novel in Samantha Young's On Dublin Street series. I'm not far along, but Zee gave it high praise, so I'm looking forward to reading on. I also finished the audiobook of Amy Poehler's Yes, Please during my work commute, and really enjoyed it. So much so, that I may start watching Parks & Recreation on Netflix.

Care: This week was... less active than usual, but more than I've read in a month. I'm so excited! I read Learning to Feel by N.R. Walker and For the Living by L.A. Witt. Both were one-shots, and both I'd have loved to see a full series for!

Donna: I haven't had time to read anything this past week. I'm super excited to hop on a plane next week — there should be lots of reading time soon!

Kathi: I’m about halfway through A Storm of Swords, just getting to the Red Wedding! For all the procrastinating I’ve done about reading this book for two years, it has been surprisingly easy to become completely absorbed in it and I’m loving it!

Merit: I’m reading Of Silk and Steam by Bec McMaster. This is the 5th installment of her delightful London Steampunk series, a brilliant blend of historical, steampunk, paranormal, vampires, and romance in an alternate 1880s London. It is full of danger and political intrigue. Every book has a new couple whose story is woven into the main plot. This 5th and last book in the series is so good. I might add that there is this hot, slow-burning romance between two strong-willed people, and the whole plot ends with a blast. Great and fun read.

Zee: I FINALLY took a break from Smutville...even though I was REALLY enjoying it. SO I put away Sierra Simone's Priest and started Chloe Neill's The Veil. Because I love her. And I gotta tell you, it is AMAZING so far. COMPLETELY different from Chicagoland Vampires, and wow... I am loving it. I haven't read much this weekend because Barb, Amanda, and I have been hanging out, and it has been UHMAZING. But I will be back to The Veil soon!!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)