Quote of the Day

Because those are all the things we're not supposed to do, and yet inside of me was a kernel of the inexplicable from which dark things bloom, something I couldn't understand or justify. I knew better than to romanticize my captor, but there it was--sick and twisted and disgusting as it was. And it scared me. It scared me because I saw a glimmer of all the terrifying things we're capable of, because the human psyche is such a fragile thing, a yolk contained within a brittle shell--one crack and out it spills: a neighbor goes on a suicide mission, tribes massacre tribes, countries turn their faces away from injustices. And it all starts within, because within is where all things begin. 

The Paper Swan
~~Leylah Attar 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)