What The Wenches Are Reading






Click through to see what we're reading this week! 






Angela: A real change of pace this week. I’ve been reading Company of Liars by Karen Maitland. Our assorted company is trying to outrun the pestilence in 14th century England. Each member of the company has a secret and these are slowly being discovered. It’s actually nice, to be taking a break from reading fantasy books. A good historical novel is the perfect change of pace for me.

Anne: I tried, no, really I tried, to move on from the Hidden Legacy world after finishing both White Hot and Wildfire, but I just couldn’t. So, I went back to the beginning to read Burn for Me again. In the audio world, I’m just about done with Goblet of Fire. After that I’ll be moving on to Frost Burned.

Barb: I think I'm in denial about my book hangover. I could read something if I wanted to, really. I mean, I am reading Burn for Me again, and it's going slowly this time, but that's totally not a book hangover, not at all. I'm not ruined for all other books. *sobbing* 

Donna:  This week I picked up and started reading A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. It's one of those novels I feel slightly ashamed I've never read before. I'm really looking forward to the film by Ava DuVernay which is coming out next year.

Kathi: Making good progress with Blade Bound, loving it so far! I've waited a long time for this story and I'm determined to savor it!

Merit: I've read two books of a new trilogy called Fire and Ice by K.F. Breene. Born in Fire (book #1) and Raised in Fire (book# 2) This author writes such strong heroines. Her stories are action packed, full of supernatural characters, humor and steamy scenes. I "met" K.F. Breene in 2014, when I read her Darkness series. Highly entertaining read.

Shau:  I've been reading Darkness Awakened by Katie Reus. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like the story and the characters. Highly recommend.

Zee: I finished Alyssa Cole's An Extraordinary Union, and absolutely loved it. I now want to read everything she has ever written and am counting the days till the next Loyal League book. But since I haven't been able to get my hands on all of her books yet, I started reading Stacy Reid's Wedded By Scandal series, and I'm enjoying it. I read the first two books, and now I want to read the third. But, alas, it hasn't been published yet. I do love my Regency and Victorian romances. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)